The Pro Series 3 Electronic Radon Gas Detector is designed for use by the homeowner. The detector allows the homeowner to monitor the radon level in their home with an easy-to-read digital display. Radon is a radioactive gas that is colorless, odourless, and tasteless and is impossible to detect without the use of sensitive test equipment. Radon gas rises through the soil and seep through cracks, holes and drain pipes in the foundation or basement. Radon is a naturally occurring gas produced by the breakdown of uranium in soil, rock, and water. When allowed to accumulate to high levels, it can be hazardous to long-term health. Radon is the second cause of lung cancer after cigarette smoking. The EPA presently suggests that corrective action be taken to reduce the radon levels in your home if measured over the long term at 4 pCi/L or greater in the USA. Health Canada has established the acceptable levels of radon in the house not to exceed 200 Bq/m.
- Audible alarm sounds for high radon readings over 200 Bq/m3
- Samples air continuously. Short term readings show last 7 day averages and long term readings shows averages from last reset or up to 5 years
- Plugs in to standard 120-volt household outlet
- Easy to read numeric display LED display shows level of radon gas in Becquerel per cubic metre (Bq/m³)
- Every 24 hours, the detector will do a self-test
- Quality Made in USA