Full time (40 hours per week)
Sales associates are responsible for providing prompt, courteous and efficient service to customers. Associates work in cooperation with the other employees to advise customers on appropriate products and solutions.
- Recording sales transactions into the point of sales system
- Familiarity with pricing and inventory
- Taking orders and arranging deliveries
- Communicating features and benefits of products
- Preparing accurate quotations in a timely manner
- Helping customers solve building problems
- Resolving customer complaints
- Ensuring the shelves are stocked and store is clean
- Adaptable to a changing environment
- Maintaining professional confidentiality of store and customer records
- Suggesting improvements to increase profitability, sales, efficiency, etc.
- Working in a safe manner and reporting any potential hazards to management for correction
- Friendly and helpful attitude towards customers
- Good mathematical and reading skills
- Work cooperatively in a team atmosphere
- Good decision making and problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge of lumber and building materials
- Comfortable using computer programs
- Communicate effectively with employees, management, suppliers, and customers
- Willingness to learn
- Previous retail experience is an asset
How to Apply
We offer a safe work environment with competitive wages and employee benefits.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please forward your resume in confidence to:
Petersen Cabinets & Building Supplies Ltd.
1524 John Street Road,
Thunder Bay ON P7G 1J1
Attn: Andreas Petersen
We thank all candidates in advance, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.