This full-time Sales Associate position comes with plenty of opportunity for growth within a supportive team environment.
We offer a competitive wage and benefits program and employee pricing.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing prompt, courteous and efficient service to our customers while
effectively communicating construction and building supplies product knowledge as required.
- Greet and assist customers on the sales floor and sales counter.
- Determine customer’s needs by asking open-ended questions
- Communicate product knowledge to the customer as appropriate
- Process special orders for non-stock or out of stock items and handle the receiving process for same.
- Help customers find solutions to their building and/or project problems
- Promptly and accurately prepare lumber, hardware, special order, and beginning-to-end project quotations for customers
- Handle telephone inquiries
- Keep updated with practical knowledge of building materials and lumber products including their uses, advantages and disadvantages
- Be familiar with and maintain up to date information on pricing
- Resolve customer claims and/complaints in a manner that is timely, courteous and discreet.
- Stock shelves as product is received
- Ensure appropriate product levels are maintained at all times
- Be familiar with current yard inventory and surplus items
- Ensure displays and products are properly merchandised, maintained and changed on a timely basis.
- Develop promotions to build store traffic.
- Constantly monitor storage of products/displays and remedy any hazardous situation
- Assist in filling customer orders from the yard as required.
- Friendly and helpful attitude toward customers
- Excellent mathematical skills
- Excellent computer skill with extensive knowledge of EXCEL
- Able to communicate effectively with employees, management, suppliers, and customers
- Willingness to continually develop professional skills and knowledge base
- Ability to work cooperatively and enthusiastically in a team setting within a fast paced environment
How to Apply
If you wish to become a member of our team and possess the required skills, please submit your resume to the attention of
Rick Johnston via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org